Our student council has recently reviewed the school rules and made some small adjustments to make the rules clearer and easier to follow (see attached). Very much in line with the 3C's of IES Liljeholmen. The rules are now Clearer than the older rules, which will result in a Calmer school environment as it is easier for teachers and students to be Consistent in how they interpret and follow the rules. A big thank you to the student council and Mr Rapp for their work on this.
The student council has also come up with several initiatives that have been implemented in the school, some have already happened and others will come into play shortly. These include:
- Year 9's going straight to the lunch room instead of meeting a teacher on an alternate floor before moving to the lunchroom. This has been in place for the last two weeks and has gone well.
- Line Markings for the basketball court in the school yard to be improved to create a more defined area to play basketball as well improving the experience of those playing basketball (will be completed as soon as the weather allows)
- Arrows on the ground in hallways and stairwells to improve the flow in congested areas
- Extra clocks around the school to ensure students can be on time to class (to be purchased shortly)
- Additional seating and tables in common areas in the school (to be purchased shortly)
Great to have a student council that is pro-active in improving the school.